You have noticed a pimple on nose and try to find out a reason? Causes of pimples on nose may be the most unexpected. But most often this phenomenon is connected to malfunction of your sebaceous glands. Their work is to produce a natural protective film which is called sebum. If sebum thickens, it clogs the pores and ducts and cannot come out. If such pores still have an opening, black dots are formed. If sebum gets trapped in the duct, a cyst appears there, which is also called comedone. If the inflammatory process begins, red large boils appear which are known as acne on nose.
The experts usually give this very answer to the question “what causes pimples on nose?” And they also add that the rash may spoil the mood not only in the younger years. Elderly people are also familiar with a pimple on tip of nose. The only difference is in the reasons that cause pimples on nose.
In adolescents, acne is most often associated with hormonal surges during puberty. When adults have acne under nose, on nose or somewhere else this is likely a symptom of an illness of the blood circulation, endocrine or immune systems or of an infectious disease. It is believed that even one pimple on tip of nose is the first sign of the problems of the heart muscle or liver.
Among the possible causes of pimples on nose are stresses, vitamin A deficiency and use of bad cosmetics. The appearance of acne on tip of nose cannot be considered as a subject of frustration since they will pass without leaving a trace if you know the basic methods of pimples on nose treatment. But if you have a big pimple on your nose and you exercise popping pimples on nose then you may have a scar instead of pimples on nose, which is very difficult and expensive to get rid of.
Different Types of Pimples on Nose
In most cases such types of pimples can be found on your nose:
- Itchy pimples. Their usual place of appearance is on the wings and under your nose. Doctors believe that it is a symptom of acute condition of herpes.
- White pimples. They resemble white dense knots. If you have white pimples, the easiest way to remove pimple on nose is by electrocoagulation.
- Red pimples appear as a result of an inflamed cyst. Such acne is painful and several pimples can merge together forming bumps on nose.
- Purulent acne may appear as a result of staphylococcal infections of red pimples. Pointing of purulent acne is painful, so you need to start such acne on nose treatment as soon as you notice the first signs of it.
- Pink pimples. The reason for their appearance is the affect of the skin of your nose by Demodex mite. Such pimples on your nose appear simultaneously with gastrointestinal disorders. Under the influence of pink pimples your skin coarsens, thickens and gets covered with tubercles.
Pimples on Nose Treatment
It is not necessary that in your case the above-mentioned diseases are the reasons for your damaged appearance. Diagnosis can be made only by a specialist after you have undergone a serious examination. If you notice acne on your body, immediately consult a doctor as skin defects are not just trifles. Time will not treat them. If you notice that pimples appear not only on the surface but also inside your nose and it repeats on a regular basis, be very careful. It’s time to seek help in the clinic. There doctors know how to get rid of acne on nose.
As a rule, the patient is prescribed a complex treatment: ten day course of Metronidazole both in pills and external lubrication of problem areas. In more complicated cases doctors prescribe antibiotics treating: intake of Doxycycline and using Clindamycin externally. In addition, it is recommended to apply lotions from flagroot or oak bark as a home remedy. It is mandatory that you take vitamins that correspond your age and needs. Besides you should also completely give up smoking and drinking alcohol.
There are some undesirable actions which you might like to try before going to a doctor. Never do them. Avoid squeezing pimples. We can say that nose area is a preserved one. It is better to avoid disturbing it. This can result in the fact that subcutaneous pimple on the nose can give its pus to your skin or even into the bloodstream, which is much worse. And this will be followed by re-infection and acne will not just settle on your nose, but all over your face.
If you know that you are prone to acne be very careful with what you eat and observe some simple rules to prevent appearance of new pimples on nose.
First of all, you have to maintain the purity of your skin: wash your face frequently and wipe it after each water procedure with a lotion that contains salicylic acid. At home or in specialized salons use scrubs which do not damage your skin. It will clear the ducts.
Use every opportunity to be outdoors. Pay special attention to your diet. Avoid unhealthy food. Replace it if possible with plant food, dairy products, fish and meat of low-fat sorts. Add ginger and garlic in your dishes.
How to Get Rid of Acne on Your Nose
If you try not to leave the house without a dense layer of toner, since the appearance of acne on your face deprives you of your confidence; if you have tried well-known remedies for acne but they appeared to be ineffective in your case for some reason; and if you have already tested many scrubs, peelings, tinctures and lotions, there are still some methods of folk medicine you can try.
If you suddenly notice that you again have a pimple on your nose, you may try to eliminate it with the recipes of traditional medicine. But don’t forget to consult a doctor if it gets worse.
- Prepare a herbal decoction: mix in a saucepan one tablespoon of sage, mint, burdock and chamomile. Cover this mixture with three liters of boiling water. Wait until the steam becomes warm. Cover your head with a towel and breathe the steam over the pot. Repeat this procedure daily for one week.
- Cover seeds of dill with water as a proportion of 1:10. As soon as the liquid mixture draws, moisten a clean tissue in it and apply it on your face for 15 minutes. Make such a mask at least for five weeks every other day.
- A cabbage mask: wet a cotton pad with fresh cabbage juice and put it on your nose for 15 minutes. It is recommended to do at least 20 procedures repeating them every other day.
- The mask of crushed aloe diluted with water in equal parts. Wet a napkin with this liquid and apply to pimples. Repeat it every other day during two weeks.
- Cranberry juice mask. Soak a tissue with cranberry juice. Keep it on your face for ten minutes then change the tissue. All in all duration of the procedure should be at least one hour. If you notice that your skin gets irritated you can delude cranberry juice with three parts of water. Masks are put daily until the inflammation disappears, then every other day and at last once a week until the pimples on your nose disappear completely.