The first and main cause of this unpleasant skin defect is failure to comply with hygiene rules. Some would say, you shouldn’t bring sanitation to the absurd and clean your ears three times a day! Of course not, but if one or more pimples in ear appear, it means there have been unwashed hands, or that ears’ owner was too lazy to wipe his or her player earphones or telephone another time.
Some people also have a habit to scratch their ears with their nails or a pin, a toothpick, a ballpoint pen or a pencil… It causes pimples in ear canal. Ear pimples can also be caused by unwashed hair, beach sand, cosmetics of poor quality and fur or woolen hat.
Ears cleaning should also be done with care, because it is a serious process where you cannot force, push, scratch, try to scratch deeper and so on. It is necessary to do it carefully and only using special tools. Not only the auricle and the ear canal should be clean, but also the hair that can accumulate large amounts of bacteria and microorganisms.
It all should convince anyone who does not like to have a pimple in the ear: personal hygiene should be observed anytime and anywhere. The ears should be regularly cleaned with cotton swabs. Your telephone and headset should always be clean. It is necessary to thwack your bed pillows from time to time, to shake your hat before putting it on, and so on. And make it a rule to wash your hair at least twice a week.
Most often pimples inside ear, as well as pimples near the ears are not felt immediately. Only if they are touched when combing hair, they will hurt, as in this area skin is very sensitive.
Cold-related pimple in ear is also quite common. Especially dangerous are summer draughts, which immediately affect sweating skin with different kinds of acne. In winter cold pimples can affect those who do not recognize the necessity of headgear.
It should be noted that ear pimples are a real despair for young people affected by a surge of hormones causing excess of white blood cells and sebum. As a result face and ears acne appears. It is, of course, quite a natural phenomenon, but do not leave it to chance. To remove the ugly ear pimple it is necessary to use special cosmetics designed specifically for young skin. And if the case turned out to be difficult, do not delay the visit to the beautician or dermatologist.
If a Pimple Hurts
This case is quite serious. It can be assumed that it is no longer about acne, but the furuncle, or the boil. It happens that a pimple in ear canal or in the ear hurts and the pain shoots up the eye, the neck and jaws. Even your teeth start to hurt. Your temperature rises. You cannot touch the swollen ear, so painful it becomes. You can even temporarily lose hearing as the furuncle narrows the ear canal. In short, you feel worse than ever.
Why did the furuncle occur? For its appearance it was enough to scratch your ear with your fingernail or a pin. Immediately bacteria began their destructive work. In addition, the reasons for appearance of such pimple in the ear could be hypothermia, vitamin deficiencies, hormonal surge, and water ingress. In this case, there is only one solution: you should immediately consult a doctor. Self-treatment will not help.
If you try to pop or open the furuncle, it can end with sepsis or blood furunculosis, recurrent boils and carbuncles (inflammation of several hair follicles). Moreover, a large area of skin will be affected by the inflammatory process. It will result in ugly scars on your face. It can happen if you fail to timely see a doctor. Remember, the sooner you do, the sooner the problem pimple inside ear stops bothering you.
Other Ear Pimples
The auricle is not the only area affected by skin problems. Pimples behind the ears are not a smaller problem. What is special about those small white pimples, you say? In fact, they can hurt a lot. Wherever these ear pimples appear – behind the ears or near them, the reason for their appearance is the same – dirty hands and objects in contact with your ears.
It may seem that we rarely touch some areas, for example, earlobes. But people often touch this part of the ear involuntarily – during a phone conversation or tidying their hair. Such gestures do not remain in your memory, so watching a pimple on your earlobe you cannot understand where it came from. But its cause is the same – contact with unwashed hands or hair.
Other Causes of Ear Pimples
If a pimple appeared in your ear, it hurts and itches, grows in size or just is felt inside without any particular symptoms, its causes can be not only the ones described above, but also many others:
- Hormonal disorders during puberty or pregnancy;
- Stressful situations that exist in the life of every person, both at home and at work;
- Allergic reactions to cosmetics, medicines, vitamin complexes, clothes;
- Wrong nutrition causing many of the internal organs to ” strike” and show their problems through acne;
- Serious chronic diseases that develop and manifest similar symptoms.
How to Get Rid of Pimples on Ears
Take into consideration that the skin of the ears is quite thick, pimples in this area do not point fast, so general means are not always effective.
Forums are full of questions about how to squeeze a pimple in your ear? None dermatologist or cosmetologist would advise you to do this on your own. The risk of infecting is too big, and then the situation will be end very dramatically. So pay attention and use safer methods of treatment.
Home Remedies for Pimples and Methods of Treatment
Solutions of ear pimples removal are quite numerous, but to use them, you need perseverance, patience and accuracy.
- Sometimes an ear pimple was accidentally injured. First thing is not to let the infection spread. Immediately wipe the affected area with alcohol. If the wound is behind the ear, put plaster on it.
- You can help yourself with conventional means – Differin and tar soap. Masks which cleanse and moisturize the skin are also quite effective. Such a mask should be applied both on the face and on the problem areas near the ears.
- To accelerate pimple pointing make a hot compress helping in cases of severe inflammation. To do this, apply on the pimple a cotton pad soaked in alcohol or some herbal tincture. Cover it with cellophane and secure with plaster. An hour later remove the compress. This procedure should be done several times a day until complete disappearance of the pimple.
- If the compress does not work, you can resort to chloromycetin drops. Usually they quickly deal with inflammatory processes. If there is pain in the ear canal, it is necessary to drip the medicine into the ear and cover with a compress.
- Salicylic alcohol is not only for treatment, but also for prevention. There is also an ointment containing salicylic acid. It is used to prevent relapses.
- Consultation of a cosmetologist is required if the ears are covered with black dots. Special equipment and cosmetics quickly eliminate these defects. But avoid squeezing these points by yourself, as this will lead to inflammation.
- If acne in the ears appears often, you need to see a doctor who will prescribe examination. Perhaps pimples appeared because of a hormonal disorder.
Folk Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples in the Ear
There is an opinion that acne inside the ears is a problem associated only with aesthetics. However, this is also a health issue, since acne is not so harmless. To begin, you can use one of the many popular medicine recipes.
Folk remedies easily eliminate pimples in the ear. Treatment is usually not complicated, but effective. For example, aloe pulp is often used, it is applied to the affected area and fixed with plaster. If you want to try this solution – read more about useful properties of aloe in this article.
Decoctions of celandine, chamomile flowers and kalanchoe, plantain juice, all kinds of herbal compresses, lotions – all them are effective methods of pimples removal. The only condition is absence of allergic reactions to these plants.
Pay attention to your health and beauty! Good luck!