If you are unlucky to have dry skin then you should think about buying a bottle of coconut oil as it is popular for its moisturizing and nourishing properties. It is also well-known for its capacity to cure pimples.
Coconut oil is believed to have powerful regenerating, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action. Many people already use coconut oil on daily basis. They are convinced that organic coconut oil is good for pimples. Some people say that the oil can provoke acne. But it is untrue if you follow the correct instructions for using coconut oil for acne. This information will give you guidelines on how to use coconut oil for acne treatment.
Is coconut oil good for acne?
In order to make advantage of coconut oil as effectively as possible, we need to know what it is capable of. The secret of useful features of coconut oil lays in its chemical composition. Let’s dwell on it and answer the question: “Why is coconut oil good for acne?”
This oil contains around 50-55% of lauric, caprylic, oleic, myristic, capric, palmitic and stearic acid, vitamins A, E, D, calcium, phosphorus, and many other useful minerals. Due to such a rich chemical composition oil from coconut is very helpful for the skin care:
- Nourishing and moisturizing are the most important features of coconut oil. This is the reason for coconut oil to be present on the shelves of people who have dry skin, which suffers from lack of moisture;
- The main reason for the efficiency of coconut oil for face acne is its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. Penetrating into the skin, oil kills germs and bacteria, neutralizes the inflammation, and helps pimples to point;
- Coconut oil for skin acne has regenerating and clarifying properties. This makes using coconut oil for acne an exceptionally good idea;
- It helps against stains, marks, acne scars and black dots. Oil clarifies the remnants of acne and encourages them to quick healing. These properties of oil help to remove black dots;
- Due to its protective property it is very efficient. When you spread some oil on your skin it easily forms a tiny film which protects you from harmful effects of the environment;
- It is worth mentioning that skin quickly absorbs oil without it clogging ducts.
Although, you can often find reviews on the Internet that coconut oil can cause new pimples and inflammation. This is true unless you know and follow some very important rules.
How to use coconut oil for acne treatment
Cosmeticians know a lot of methods and recipes which enable you to treat acne with coconut oil. In this article we will describe the most fruitful, simple and quick ones. By the way, there are several sorts of coconut oil. It is interesting to find out what kind of coconut oil is best for acne? Make sure that you have cold-pressed oil. This sort of oil has the highest efficiency as such production method preserves the maximum amount of useful elements.
The simplest and the most effective method of using coconut oil for acne treatment is applying it directly to the pimples. Heat a little oil, spread it with your fingertips and with circular motions put it on the pimples. Repeat such manipulations twice a day and the first good results will appear within a week.
Coconut oil is believed to have some more uses. You can effectively get rid of pimples or acne by combining coconut oil with other natural oils and applying them together. It is the best to use tea tree, jojoba or caraway oil if you want to fight acne itself, and rosemary, flax or briar oil to overcome the traces left by acne
Another simple method to use coconut oil for acne is to add it to products you use for skin care while doing your usual morning face wash. Add a couple of drops into a usual portion of your cosmetic products. By this you will give all useful qualities of coconut oil to your cosmetic substance turning it into a remedy.
Mask for acne with coconut oil
You can prepare a very helpful mask at home. That coconut oil mask is suitable for problematic and dry skin. For preparation of this medicinal mask make sure you have:
- 5 tablespoons of fresh aloe juice (sap);
- 2 teaspoons of honey;
- 2 tablespoonsof coconut oil.
Mix honey, coconut oil and aloe juice together and apply the mask for 20 minutes on your face. Use a tissue to wipe your face if the mask is too liquid. Remove the mask by rinsing it off with warm water. Make such a mask twice a week.
Such coconut oil mask will not only soothe your skin, nourish and accelerate its regeneration, but also will clear your face and help pimples to point more quickly. One may say that this is universal remedy for all skin types.
Is coconut oil harmful?
Many people give negative reviews concerning coconut oil effectiveness. They say that oil causes acne. To tell the truth, oil may be the reason for pimples, if it is wrongly used. Make sure you apply the right dosage and you are not allergic to the oil.
Another reason for bad reviews is poor quality of oils. Unfortunately, very often dishonest manufacturers sell instead of virgin coconut oil for pimples defective product, which often cause rash and inflammation. To recognize low-quality coconut oil remember a few tips:
- The oil must be transparent. Yellowish or brownish colour means that the oil is fake or of a poor quality;
- Do not buy too cheap oil. Price is also one of the criteria. Cheap oils are almost always of poor quality;
- The aroma should not be poignant. Coconut oil of high quality smells faintly.
Following this recommendations you minimize the risk of buying a defective product, and thereby reduce the possibility of negative effects.
The only contraindication for treating pimples with coconut oil is your individual intolerance or allergy to it.
To find out if you have allergic reaction to coconut oil do a mini test. Apply some coconut oil on your wrist and if after 24 hours there will be no manifestations of allergy you can safely use the oil. Oils of good quality are out of danger even for baby.