Whitehead pimples are rather a common problem. This kind of pimples does not cause any trouble or discomfort. They are just a cosmetic defect. Whitehead pimples are also called miliums. White head pimple is the accumulation of subcutaneous secretions of the sebaceous gland, sweat and dead skin particles that clog the pores. By touch they are like a grain.
Mostly they can be observed on the eyelids and cheeks (zygomatic area). In most cases, white head pimples appear on the face alone, but there can also be significant accumulations of them. Sometimes you can also find a white pimple on lip or a white pimple on tongue.
Causes of Whitehead Pimples
The main factor that provokes the formation of white head pimples on the face is the accumulation of sebum in the sebaceous glands. In its turn it causes gland’s stretch and the contents start to be shown through the cuticle, forming a whitish nodule. Thus, a whitehead pimple is a small plug that clogs the ducts of the sebaceous gland. In most cases, these pimples appear because of hormonal disorders as well as genetic factors.
Today the majority of scientists agree that the bacteria growth develops under the plug of sebaceous secretions and “dirt”. As a result a white head appears. White head pimples can appear not only on the facial skin but also on the body.
To stop the appearance of white head pimples is impossible. If you already got these pimples, it is not recommended to remove them by yourself, as they differ significantly from acne. As a result of the extrusion you can seriously damage your skin and cause the appearance of a red scar. Therefore, if you have such kind of cosmetic defect, you should consult a beautician or a dermatologist.
The reason why white pimples on tongue can appear is microtrauma received while eating. Sometimes there are more serious factors such as stomatitis. This disease is caused by poor oral hygiene and such kind of microtrauma in combination. In this case pimples are spreading in the whole oral mucosa very fast. You can try to treat them yourself or consult a doctor.
How to get rid of whitehead pimples?
It is clear that procedure of whitehead pimples removal can only be made by beautician. Initially the specialist dries the skin area with a white head pimple and then with the help of well sanitized tools (special needle) opens the pimple and removes it with pressing movements. After the procedure, the area of skin is treated with alcohol. It is important for this procedure to be carried out by a specialist because of high probability of infection. But if there is a question how to get rid of them at home, we’ve got the answer.
The first and the easiest way to remove or reduce the amount of whitehead pimples is to use the exfoliation procedure. Scrubs or ointments to be used must be selected individually by a beautician.
Also, you can try to remove the pimple yourself. In this case you need to anoint the areas with white head pimples with iodine for several evening and leave the iodine overnight. For such kind of treatment you can also use camphor alcohol and cologne. It is necessary to prepare the skin before the procedure, namely to steam and wash it with soap. After the treatment session you need to anoint the damaged skin with salicylic, camphor alcohol or cologne in the morning during a few days. In some days after such kind of treatment the skin under which the pimple is opens, and the contents safely comes out.
What is more, with the help of a sharp previously asepticized and disinfected with alcohol needle, you can also remove the whitehead pimple manually. So, you need to pierce the skin carefully; the needle should be parallel to the skin. You lift the needle up and break the epidermis. It should be noted that before the procedure the skin should be carefully steamed and cleaned, and after the pimple removal the skin should be treated with iodine. You may need such kind of solution only in rare cases. Removal of large concentrations of pimples you should better leave to professionals.
In order to get rid of white head pimples on tongue, establish good oral hygiene – rinse your mouth after each meal, brush your teeth twice a day. Also minimize the amount of irritators consumed through the oral cavity. Limit cigarettes, alcohol, carbonated drinks and exclude sour and spicy food completely. To disinfect the mouth you can use celandine, sage or soda solution. Moreover, there are some helpful ointments, but before using them you should consult the doctor.
To avoid or reduce the appearance of whitehead pimples on the face and other parts of your body it is important to take care of your skin regularly and thoroughly. Daily cleansing (twice a day), disinfection, moisturizing and protection from harmful effects make the main secret of success.
- To clean the skin you should apply gels, foams or lotions that are suitable for your skin type. It is better to prefer cleansers that have salicylic acid and alphahydroxyacids that make pores cleansing more effective. After cleaning the skin you should wipe it with tonic. This will not only remove the remnants of dirt, but also close the pores and moisturize the skin;
- Skin care should include deep cleaning with soft scrubs that gently exfoliate dead cell layer. To do it twice a week is the best solution. Scrubs should be applied in circular moves on the wet skin, paying particular attention to problem areas;
- Regardless of skin type, after cleaning procedures your skin requires deep moisturizing. To do it, creams and emulsions would be perfectly suitable. Also, for those whose skin is prone to white head pimples appearance, it is recommended to use antibacterial agents;
- Once a week it is recommended to do steam bath for your face. The steam has a softening effect on the skin, opening the pores, that facilitates the process of skin cleansing of makeup, dirt, dust, grease, dead skin cells. For steam bath you should mix two tablespoons of chamomile and calendula, sage and valerian herbs and a liter of boiling water. You need to boil the mixture on medium heat for twenty minutes. Then you should strain it and pour into a deep bowl. Next, sit over the steam for five to seven minutes, covering your head with the towel. After steaming the skin, you can use a special cosmetic tool for removing acne. After using it your skin will become smooth and clean;
- One more excellent prevention measure is the paraffin mask (hypoallergenic white wax). This procedure stimulates the sweat and sebaceous glands. The temperature of forty degrees Celsius helps to soften the sebaceous plugs, to remove acne, to reduce swelling and to smooth small lines;
- It is not recommended to use oil-based make-up means, as it can cause the accumulation of sebum in the hair follicles;
- To take care of the skin you can use handmade creams. Chop fresh raspberry leaves, squeeze out the juice. Mix one teaspoon of the juice with 40 g of boric petrolatum. Use this ointment before going to bed. Also for the similar effect, you can use other homemade cream recipes, for example, mix two teaspoons of liquid honey with one teaspoon of tincture of calendula and the same amount of fresh viburnum berries juice. You can use the mixture on the affected areas two to three times a day. However, this homemade treatment is relevant in the absence of an allergy to bee honey;
- To maintain the normal level of moisturizing and ensure the elimination of toxins, it is important to keep to water schedule, that is to drink at least two liters of clean drinking water during the day;
- To avoid the appearance of white head pimples, it is important to avoid skin sebaceous glands clogging. In this case it is necessary to follow a diet with fat, flour and sweet food limitations. Such food must be replaced with fermented milk, big amount of fruits and vegetables, lean meat and brown bread. In addition, it is recommended to take A and B Group vitamins.
- To prevent white head pimples on tongue from appearing, follow the oral hygiene schedule – brush your teeth regularly. For rinsing you can use handmade mouthwashes such as celandine, sage or soda solutions that disinfect the oral mucosa.