According to the statistics, almost 40% of the population is familiar to face warts. Let’s consider their causes and prevention and learn how to remove warts from face of adults and children.
Treatment should be chosen depending on why warts on face and head appeared. The most common cause is to get the human papillomavirus directly from its carrier, i.e. from another person. The second place is taken by getting the virus because of poor hygiene: if you do not wash your hands enough, pet stray animals, bite your nails and suffer from a bad habit – to itch.
Also, often people ignore the warnings of doctors that it is forbidden to cut a papilloma by oneself with a razor – it is fraught with the spread of the virus and the general blood poisoning. There are also secondary reasons:
- Metabolic disorder;
- Weakening of the immune system, that’s why warts often develop in older people (especially women), adolescents, during pregnancy, or just in case of a poor health;
- Nervous breakdowns (they are among the causes many skin problems).
It is very important to distinguish between different warts, pimples, moles (nevi) and malignant neoplasms. Here to help is this guide. How a wart on face looks like:
- Flesh-colored, almost colorless or white (if the growth is young, age warts are gray or dark brown);
- Rough or uneven, sometimes peeling;
- Above the level of the skin;
- When pressed may be painful.
Pictures of warts on face
How to deal with facial warts
Warts on face are a serious cosmetic defect that significantly lowers your self-esteem. Reflection in the mirror bothers you and makes you avoid communication with other people. Moreover, these formations have a tendency to grow. And you ask yourself – how to get rid of warts on face in the most secure way? Scars after treatment are, of course, unacceptable.
Home remedies against facial warts
Lets’ consider the face wart removal methods that you can use at home. First you need to remove all external irritants. Wash yourself only with liquid soap for delicate skin, limit shaving and body rubbing with a hard sponge or a towel, so you eliminate inflammation. There is a misconception that if you wipe the damaged area with alcohol or an alcohol tincture, it will remove warts from face. This is wrong, because dry skin is more vulnerable to infection, so do not use alcohol tonics and lotions.
Popular methods of treatment for facial warts are generally safe. Of course, not every recipe has a high efficiency, but they won’t leave scars. Before you start removing facial warts, it is necessary to check the sensitivity of the skin to the components of the means you chose to find out if there are any allergies. Only then apply the wart remover. So, how to remove warts on face?
- The easiest and most effective solution is based on natural disinfectors: onions and garlic. Husk an onion, fine grate it and do the same with garlic. You need half a bulb of onion and about 3 average cloves of garlic. Grate and mix the vegetables, put on the wart, fix the bandage, hold up to 40 minutes, repeat 4-5 times a day for greater effect. The recipe becomes even more efficient if you add a teaspoon of vinegar to it. Warning: this recipe will not work for very sensitive skin, neither for a wart on eyelid as you can accidentally put some of the mask into your eye and it cause severe irritation and even a burn. However, for other parts of the face, for example, a wart on nose, this recipe is very suitable.
- Finely chop the leaves of aloe and apply the resulting puree on a plaster or gauze, then secure the bandage on the affected area. It is advisable to make the mask for the night and to remove it in the morning or to replace with a new one. Repeat as necessary.
- Salicylic acid. Dampen a cotton swab or ball in the acid and attach it to the damaged area.
- Small brown flat warts on face can be smeared with apple juice. Every day, several times apply to your face juice of green sour apples, and after 10 times small growths will disappear.
- Also, small warts can be easily cauterized with wormwood or celandine juice. These plants are very poisonous, so be careful and avoid contact with eyes. It is best to use fresh juice, so this solution is yours if you have those plants growing nearby. Crack a stem of wormwood or celandine, get the juice, and apply it to the growth. In the same manner you can also use ashberry or calendula juice.
- Wart rash can be cured with simple sea salt and horseradish juice. Mix a teaspoon of salt with two tablespoons of fresh horseradish juice and rub into the affected area for 5 minutes, leave for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with cold water and repeat 2 times a day. Instead of salt can be used chalk.
- You can reduce subcutaneous or chronic facial warts by means of 30% hydrogen peroxide. Soak a cotton swab and apply it on the face. Hold for 1-3 hours, and repeate 2 times a day.
- It is easy to remove warts at home using just a potato. Grate one together with its peel (of course after having washed it). Apply the mash on your face and leave to dry. If you mix potatoes and hydrogen peroxide, you remove senile warts on the body, neck and face can once and for all.
- Very unpleasant phenomenon is a wart on eyelid or in the nose, to cure it you can use aloe juice, goat fat, beet and horseradish juice. Put any of the selected means on a cotton swab and insert into your nostril or on your eyelid, hold about 20 minutes for 3-4 times a day.
- Soften the wart. To do this, moisten a cotton pad in hot water and apply to the damaged area, do it several times. Rub the softened wart with ammonia spirit.
- Apply to the defect lemon essential oil and cover with plaster. Every three hours repeat the procedure.
If the home remedies for warts on face do not help, you need to contact a doctor or a specialized beauty salon.
Before treatment with folk remedies you need to consult with an immunologist. Infectious warts are removed much faster with medicines. For example, often doctors prescribe ointments that treat candidiasis (they effectively fight fungi and bacteria that cause papilloma).
Professional means to get rid of warts on face
Usually the following types of warts form on face:
- Common wart, or Verruca vulgaris; it is a dense rounded growth, a little elevated above the skin, having a papillary surface and flesh, gray or light brown color; rarely found on the face, usually in the area of the lips.
- Flat wart, or Verruca plana; it has a smooth surface and a light-brown or pink color; they are always multiple; often affect children and adolescents.
- Filiform warts; it has the shape of ridge of length of one to four millimeters; vulnerably to injury.
How to treat common warts on face?
The basic treatment method is warts removing with liquid nitrogen, another means is laser.
Treatment of flat warts on face
Self-removal is forbidden. The main conventional removal methods:
- liquid nitrogen;
How to remove filiform warts on face?
Due to the high probability of injury, self-removal is forbidden. Basic solutions:
- cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen;
- radio wave therapy;
- photodynamic therapy;
Prevention of warts
Any specific treatment can have implications. These may be irritation, inflammation or swelling at the treatment site. Do not worry, in most cases, all traces will disappear on the third day. But in order to avoid disease recurrence, you need to follow such guidelines:
- Hygiene should be regular.
- Never scratch small wounds, pimples, moles and papillomas.
- Regularly visit a dermatologist. The doctor will help identify the initial symptoms and prevent the spread of the virus.
- Nutrition plays a huge value. Use vitamins, it is especially important for girls and women, they often suffer from the most terrible – common warts, which not only look terrible, but also cause a lot of discomfort.
Warts on the face are a serious problem, getting rid of them is difficult. But if you carefully follow all the recommendations of doctors and take care of yourself – you will succeed.