Today there is probably not a single person who would never have heard of the strong healing properties of Aloe. It primarily has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. Aloe juice is able to quickly heal skin of wounds and micro cracks. It can also be used to remove pimples, small scars and other skin damage. Generally, it should be noted that Aloe is a unique plant, whose healing properties have been the most widely known since ancient times. Then aloe was generally considered to be effective and even a wonder drug that was able to help treating a wide variety of problems.
It should be understood that in nature there are about 400 different species of aloe, but only the one called Aloe vera is considered useful for the human body. Modern pharmacy can get out of this unique succulent at least two substances, the healing properties of which are extremely widely used not only in medicine but also in modern cosmetology: aloe vera juice and aloe vera gel.
Aloe vera juice is obtained (and used) in its purest form of a yellowish liquid that flows after minimal damage of the aloe skin. Aloe vera gel is a fleshy jelly-like interior part of aloe leaves. However, most often aloe gel and juice are used together, as most popular recipes including aloe provide for preparing a mixture of minced leaves of this plant and other components.
It must be also mentioned that the Aloe plant has an incredibly rich and varied chemical composition than actually explains its main useful and healing properties. It is considered that aloe juice contains a lot of useful mineral salts, a lot of vitamin C, plenty of tannin agents and so on. In the composition of aloe are also found substances such as catechins, carotenoids, flavonoids and numerous ferments. Aloe is also extremely rich in A, B and E groups vitamins and contains a lot of carbohydrates and useful amino acids. As you can see, it is full of so many useful substances, that this one plant can substitute a half of your medicine chest when necessary.
And the best of all is that you can get it all at home, growing this marvelous plant on your windowsill. Aloe is very easily to as it does not require any special conditions or care.
Minced aloe leaves are added to numerous home treatments against psoriasis, eczema, skin dermatitis, as well as various types of allergic reactions on the skin. The most affordable and common folk medicine recipes use the juice of this plant in its pure form. This juice is widely used to treat a variety of gastrointestinal problems. Its ingestion can significantly improve the appetite and regulate the digestive process.
As you can see, useful properties of aloe pulp and juice are not limited to their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. Aloe also can help to stop the bleeding, as tannin agents contained in this plant improve blood clotting, and catechin in aloe juice will have a positive impact on vessel walls, strengthening and toning them.
And powerful regenerating properties of aloe pulp and juice can be used to relieve symptoms of sunburn as aloe juice is able to perfectly remove skin soreness and redness, contributing to fast recovery of the affected tissues.
Therefore, we can conclude that all useful (therapeutic) properties of the aloe plant can be divided into the following groups:
- Aloe vera affects inflammatory processes in the human body, and substances contained in this plant prevent too rough epithelial tissues scarring of skin damages;
- Aloe vera has an excellent moisturizing effect, making the skin more elastic and more toned, revitalizing and rejuvenating it;
- Pulp and juice of aloe have the unique ability to quickly and easily soothe irritated skin;
- Regular intake of aloe juice can help to treat various gastrointestinal disorders;
- The succulent has excellent healing properties, and hence can be actively used to treat any skin damage caused by chemical, allergic and mechanical impact;
- Strong antibacterial properties of the plant make it a perfect element of complex treatment of numerous fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
Aloe Vera for Acne Treatment
So now, when we know all the numerous benefits from aloe vera, let’s learn how it can be used in cosmetology against acne or pimples. Undoubtedly aloe can and should be used for acne removal, to stop pimples and other similar skin defects.
To use aloe vera for acne it is the best to have a plant at your place, available at any time. Before you use pulp and juice of aloe, leaves of the plant should be prepared for the procedure. This preparation will help to avoid unpleasant tingling or irritation. The preparation is as follows: cut aloe leaves need to spend two weeks in refrigerator, rolled up in a strong fabric. Particularly useful are those leaves that have been cut close to the root of the plant.
Further, to use aloe for pimple removal, have a cool leaf of the plant cut along. After you should periodically wipe the affected skin with the leaf or apply the pulp to the affected areas of the face. Such procedures are to be repeated at least two or even three times a day (ideally in the morning and in the evening), or, in case you need quick effect, leave the applied pulp overnight, fixed with a plaster.
However, before using aloe on acne it is also necessary to prepare the skin. First, it is important to fully cleanse it with some special cosmetics (chosen individually, according to the characteristics of your skin), and only then you should need to wipe each pimple on your face or any other problem area with a sliced aloe leaf.
Remember that this useful plant can be also found in composition of ready-made cosmetics and care products (creams, tonics, serums, face washes, masks etc.) that also help to actively treat different skin issues. Aloe can be found in products for all skin types, as for it has its benefits every type and solutions for every problem: dry skin is deeply moisturized and revitalized; fading skin becomes fresher and more elastic, as aloe vera stimulates collagen production necessary for skin health; oily and problem skin is deeply cleansed as aloe vera helps to open clogged pores and reduce pimples through its anti-inflammatory effect; and mixed skin will look balanced and shiny, as aloe vera improves skin metabolism and makes skin toned and healthier.
Traditional Recipes to Treat Acne with Aloe Vera
How else you use aloe at home for acne removal? We have already learned that the easiest way to remove pimples using aloe by using juice or pulp of aloe and applying them directly to problem skin. However, if you don’t have time to prepare the aloe leaves or want to add some extra useful effects to this treatment, you can make at home special masks and creams of several ingredients with aloe vera.
So, the first recipe of a folk remedy is a face mask that helps to fight acne:
1. If you have oily or problem skin, you should only use drying and disinfectant care products. To make such mask at home you should mix two tablespoons of minced aloe leaves pulp with one whipped egg white. Add to the mixture one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice. Thoroughly mix it all again and apply the finished mask on the face. Wait until the mask completely dries and remove it from your face. To do this, simply wash off the mask with plain water of normal temperature.
The second recipe gives you a perfect mask that dries the skin and removes its oiliness and inflammation. This mask significantly cleanses and narrows enlarged pores and quickly heals existing defects.
2. To fight acne on oily face skin, prepare homemade lotion of calendula tincture with aloe juice. For preparation of this disinfectant and wound healing remedy you will need to mix two full tablespoons of calendula tincture with at least three tablespoons spoon pre-extracted aloe juice. Further, add to the ingredients one fourth of a cup of cool boiled water. Wipe your face (especially problem areas) with ready (carefully mixed and strained) solution daily at least twice a day.
The third popular medicine recipe is to make a cautery of aloe juice and calendula tincture (taken strictly in equal proportions).
3. This solution is considered to be very active against skin problems, it allows to dry and disinfect formed pimples. However, it is not desirable to apply it to healthy skin due to alcohol containing. This recipe provides that a cautery will be applied with cotton buds only to the inflammation-affected areas (i.e. directly on pimples).
The fourth folk remedy recipe allows helping problem skin areas with Aloe decoction.
4. Problem skin can be cleansed with a simple decoction of the aloe leaves. To prepare it pour boiling water over pre-shredded aloe leaves. Next, boil the ingredients on a steam bath for at least a quarter of hour. Then the decoction should be cooled and strained. Wipe problem areas with the resulting decoction, daily, better twice a day, and remember to clean your face first.
The fifth remedy contains white cosmetic clay together with the pulp of aloe.
5. This recipe is perfect for quick healing, cleansing and drying of pimples and inflammation removal: a mask aloe vera pulp and cosmetic clay. To make such a miraculous mask mix a tablespoon of clay (white or pink) with juice squeezed from the leaves of aloe. Mix it thoroughly and apply ready mask to cleansed skin and keep it for about fifteen minutes. Then just wash off the mask with cool water.
And probably the last home recipe with aloe is ideal for aging and fading skin or dry skin.
6. You will have to prepare a mixture of four ingredients taken in equal proportions: aloe juice and pulp, glycerol, water and oat flakes ground in a coffee-grinder. This mask has not only has anti-inflammatory but also strong anti-aging and nutrient effect.
In addition, in preparation of masks against acne, to dry the skin and reduce inflammation masks you can add different essential oils. For example, acne, grapefruit oil, tea tree oil, as well as clove oil are perfect to remove pimples. Aloe also strengthens its effect in combination with rosemary, eucalyptus, camphor or fir oils. So if you want to get rid of acne or other skin issues, periodically clean your skin with such a simple and affordable means as a tablespoon of fresh aloe juice with the addition of a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
Now you do know how to properly use the juice and pulp of aloe vera in the fight against acne and pimples. Described excellent recipes really help to moisturize, nourish, soften, tone and refresh your skin. The most important thing to do for you is to correctly choose the most appropriate and the best for you recipe of a mask, lotion, decoction or other means. Stay healthy and attractive. Good luck!